Extreme dieting practices are totally unnecessary. Just follow this guide.
We all have that one “little black dress” we keep in the back of the closet, because the zipper just won’t zip. Many of us will convince ourselves that a liquid cleanse or crazy crash diet is the only way to finally feel good in our favorite party dress, but aren’t happy about the strenuous process of getting there. Well, you’re in luck. We’re here to tell you that you can skip the liquid cleanse and long hours of cardio, and make simple, healthy changes to take your party dress out of the closet for a night on the town.
First step to weight loss? Sleep! According to WebMD, “’There are over two dozen studies that suggest that people who sleep less tend to weigh more,’ says Sanjay Patel, MD, assistant professor of medicine at Case Western Reserve University, in Cleveland, Ohio.” Seven hours of sleep are necessary for a healthy metabolic rate and regular appetite. Talk about an enjoyable way to trim your waistline.
Registered dietician Christina Moreno advises, “Make small changes slowly with the big picture in mind. It generally takes 30 days to make (or break) a habit, so make small attainable goals (smart goals) to work towards.” Small changes can include ditching the diet and drinking more water. Water is an underrated weight loss superpower — it fills you up without adding to your daily calorie consumption. Although the recommended intake is eight glasses per day, use your body weight to calculate recommended consumption, as each person is different and may require diverse amounts.
Joey Adduci, a certified personal trainer and nutrition consultant at AdduciFIT, always encourages his clients to eat when hungry — never going longer than five hours without food. He also stresses the importance of building the most effective meal — choosing lean protein, grains, fruits, and vegetables. Moreno encourages the same principles, including eating every two to four hours and chewing food slowly while sitting down. Super simple steps; no starving yourself, no crazy workouts, just simple, effective ways to lose those few stubborn pounds and zip up your party dress. Read on for more totally doable derriere-shrinking dos and don’ts.
Eat every 2 to 4 hours
Who knew the key to losing weight was eating more? According to WebMD, “Having a small meal or snack every 3 to 4 hours keeps your metabolism cranking, so you burn more calories over the course of a day. Several studies have also shown that people who snack regularly eat less at mealtime.”
Add Some Spice to Your Meals
Eating spicy food increases metabolism. WebMD reports that “[s]picy foods have natural chemicals that can kick your metabolism into a higher gear. Cooking foods with a tablespoon of chopped red or green chili pepper can boost your metabolic rate.”
Taking virtuous care of the body and treating the skin with tender care is a must, but the thought of it can stress the mind as one struggles to find a balance between work and home every day. Despite the hectic schedule one continues to dream of having timeless natural beauty and radiant fairness. There are natural products which reduce the melanin production in the skin for fairer complexion. But as one rushes through the day, one goes for quick and easy to follow beauty tips. Here we list some items from your kitchen and the benefits they offer. These will help you achieve the same results without burning a hole in your pockets or a leaving a rash on your skin.
PAPAYA and CUCUMBER: These fruits are packed with vitamins antioxidants and skin-whitening enzymes. They boost collagen production in skin and treat dark pigmentation and discoloration.
Face it: Chop a papaya and cucumber. Take equal number of pieces of both and blend into a paste until smooth. Add a teaspoon of fresh milk cream to it. Apply this pack on your face in a circular motion leaving the eye area. Let it dry and wash off after half an hour with normal water. Your face will be visibly fairer.
CURD and TURMERIC: The lactic acid in curd is a great whitener for skin and turmeric is an anti-ageing fairness agent.
Face it: In a small bowl put a teaspoon of turmeric powder and add one teaspoon of honey and three tablespoons of fresh curd to it. Mix them well and refrigerate for half an hour. Apply this chilled pack on your face and wash it off after 15 minutes. Witness a visibly whitish golden glow on your face.
SUGAR and SALT SCRUB: So you thought these two are arch-rivals when it comes to adding taste to a dish. They work wonders together as a natural mix in exfoliating and removing not just dirt but also dead skin cells.
Face it: Wet your face, mix the salt and sugar in your palm and move the exfoliator gently in circular motion over your face and wash off. Do this twice a week for a glowing skin.
BANANA and RICE POWDER MIX: Bananas are known to be great moisturisers. This mix will reduce those wrinkles and lighten pimple marks and dark spots.
Face it: Mash a small ripe banana. Add two teaspoons of rice powder and four teaspoons of cold milk and mix well. Apply this thick layer on to your skin and rinse off after 15 minutes. Your skin will be softer and fairer.
ORANGE JUICE: Curb your urge to drink it. Full of vitamins A and C oranges help minimize spots and pigmentation.
Face it: Take three tablespoons of chilled orange juice. Dab it on the face with a cotton ball and wash it off with cold water after 10 minutes. Follow this remedy once a day for three months to get best results.
APPLES: We have all heard that an apple a day keeps a doctor away now it will keep the beautician away too. These are rich in alpha-hydroxy acids that improve skin colour and gives it a natural glow.
Face it: Soak peeled apple cubes in a bowl of milk for half an hour. Then blend them to form a creamy paste. Refrigerate the paste for 15 minutes. Then mix a teaspoon of lemon juice into it and apply all over your face and neck. Wash off after 15-20 minutes with cold water to get a baby-soft and bright glowing skin. Rub ice cube for 5 minutes after removing the pack for better results.
LEMON and ALOE VERA: These two work their magic in ensuring a sparkling whiter complexion and checks ageing of the skin.
Face it: Dissolve two tablespoons of aloe vera gel and juice of half a lemon to half a cup of water. Pour this solution into an ice-cube tray and freeze. Massage your face and neck for 2 minutes daily in the morning with these ice cubes to get an amazingly fairer skin. Do it every day for two-three months for visible results.
ALMOND and MILK: Even now our elders would sing praises of a glass of badam-doodh in warding off cold and cough and in giving a royal glow to our appearances. This is the surest way to look fairer in a week.
Face it: Soak few almonds in half a glass of milk overnight. Grind them along with the same milk to make a fine paste. Hydrate your face till neck with a hot water towel for 1 minute. Then apply this pack on to your face and neck. Rinse off after 15 minutes and see the radiance and fairness on your face. You are ready for that wedding in the evening.
STRAWBERRY BROWN SUGAR and HONEY: Sounds delish right? But this is for your face to make it appear naturally moon white and glowing.
Face it: Mash a ripe strawberry and mix it with a teaspoon of brown sugar and honey. Massage gently for 5 minutes. In case brown sugar is not available you can also use white sugar.
TOMATO JUICE BAKING SODA and HONEY: Apply tomatoes to one’s face for a good glow. The combination of these three items protects the skin from the damage of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and reduces the production of melanin in our skin.
Face it: Put the pulp of a tomato in a mixer-grinder. Add baking soda and honey to it and blend for 1 second. Rub this mixture on to your face and neck in circular movement. Wash it off after 10 minutes. You will see an oil-free and light skin tone.
You can try any of these rosy skin blooming tips that are easy. Always apply any pack not only to your face but apply it on your neck too for a complete fairness look. Besides this natural care don’t forget to keep your skin moisturised with some best quality brightening moisturiser. Moisturising keeps your skin hydrated and prevents building up of dead cells which aids in making your skin darker with time. If you want a complete natural moisturiser coconut oil is the best. Massage your face and any part of your body with little coconut oil for five minutes daily after shower. It gets absorbed in the skin within 10 minutes of application and keeps your skin nourished and hydrated the whole day in a natural way enhancing your complexion.
It’s the age of technology and we are more than ever using our eyes to check our phones, computer screens, gaming consoles and televisions, which can lead to eye fatigue. Eat healthy, exercise regularly and more to take care of eyes, suggest experts.
Ophthalmologists guide you to follow some simple steps:
Adequate sleep is essential for eye health and allows the eyes to repair and recover. Eight hours of sound sleep at night will go a long way in attaining better visual quality.
* Our eyes require multiple nutrients to function optimally. Vitamins and minerals along with green leafy vegetables and protein sources help to keep the eyes strong and sharp.
* Regular exercise not only keeps your body fit but also makes your eyes healthy by pumping more blood and oxygen to your eyes.
* A majority of office jobs require constant and direct glaring at the computer screen, making it difficult for your eyes. Make sure to take a break, every 20 minutes for at least 20 seconds.
* Regular physical exam at least twice a year will keep you aware and helps to take necessary action in time.
* Keep your eyes protected from exposure to harmful UV rays.
To encourage the student in battling anxiety just a few months ahead of exams, PM Modi extended moral support by saying that students should find pleasure in exam by contemplating it as fun activities.
DU to introduce fresh admission criterion in upcoming session
DU plans to launch mobile app to monitor student attendance
Kashmir: Interactive session organised to motivate students affected by unrest
Delhi: School principals to face action for indiscipline, says govt
IIT Kharagpur professor in Delhi HC for acceptance of resignation by the institute
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, in his first 2017 ‘Mann ki Baat’ session, captivates million of students across the country by rendering five erudite tips on how to face exams with a composed mind.
His speech was primarily dedicated for the students of Classes 10 and 12 who will be appearing for board examination in the coming days.
To encourage the student in battling anxiety over exams, PM gave a moral support by saying that students should find pleasure in exam by contemplating it as fun activities.
Wishing the best for the students, he concluded his ‘Mann ki Baat’ session.
Following are the five erudite tips from our own Prime Minister:
1. Relax and don’t be panic over exam: “Smile more and score more” said the PM and added that students should be relaxed and not panic over exams. “Instead of chasing after marks, you should strive to gain knowledge,” he said adding, “Marks will follow if your mission and ambition are in sync.”
2. Academic excellence alone cannot define success: focusing on lifelong development, he said that exams are not to be feared of as it is not the benchmark of success. Exams are not the test of a lifetime but a test of a year and urged the students not to compete with others but to compete with themselves.
3. Lively environment: There should be a festive and lively environment in the house. Happiness in the house plays a pivotal role in student’s mental capabilities which are directly proportionate to educational performance as well. He also urged the parent to accept their wards of what they are and the way they are.
4. Warned the students of unfair means: Emphasising on the moral fiber, he urged the students not to be tempted by the thought of securing marks by practicing unfair means. He said that instead of spending time on preparing to cheat during the exams, they should rather invest that time on studies. “If they cheat, what will they teach their children?” he asked.
5. Proper rest: Like any other subject experts should have prescribed, Prime Minister Modi also recommends proper rest and to ensure adequate sleeps. While he also urged the students to stay physically fit, he also pointed out that there should be breaks during study hours.
Mmm…Nougat. What better way to start a new year than with a fresh flavor for your favorite Android phone?
Google’s latest major Android release may have officially launched last fall, but if you’re like most folks, you’ll probably be getting your first taste of Nougat—also known as Android 7—in 2017. If you want timely Android updates, Google’s own Nexus and Pixel phones are the only way to go—all other devices depend on third-party manufacturers to prepare and provide rollouts. And as we see time and time again, that tends to result in slow and uncertain progress.
Once you’ve got the software, though, there’s plenty to be learned about Google’s most recent mobile efforts. Here are some practical tips to help you get the most out of Android’s newest features—both the marquee additions and the less obvious little touches.
(Note that these tips are written specifically as they apply to Google’s core Android 7.0 and 7.1 software. Many device manufacturers modify the operating system to put their own spin on the features and interface, which could result in some elements looking different or even being absent altogether on certain devices.)
1. Nougat makes it easier than ever to move between apps: Just double-tap your device’s Overview key (the typically square-shaped icon next to Home) to snap between your two most recently used processes. Think of it like Alt-Tab for Android.
2. Speaking of the Overview key, it gains a new function in Nougat: The native-to-Android ability to split your screen in half and view two apps on-screen at the same time. While you have an app actively open, press and hold the Overview key—or alternatively, tap it once to view your most recently used apps, and then press and hold any app and drag it to the top of the screen to initiate the split-screen view. When you’re ready to go back to a regular single-app view, press and hold the Overview key to exit.
3. Want to copy text from one app to another while using Nougat’s split-screen mode? Select the text you want, then press and hold your finger on the screen for a second and drag it to the other window. As long as the apps you’re using allow it, the text will automatically paste over.
4. Little-known fact: You can use Nougat’s split-screen mode to view two different Chrome tabs side by side. Open a new tab in Chrome, press and hold the Overview key and then tap Chrome’s three-dot menu icon (in the upper-right corner of the screen). Look for the option labeled “Move to other window.”
5. One more Overview-related tip: You probably already know you can remove any recently used app from the list by swiping it to the left or right. As of Nougat, Android also has a native command for clearing all of the apps away at once (something many third-party manufacturers have implemented in their versions of Android for some time now). Scroll all the way up to the top of the Overview list to find it.
6. If your device has Android 7.1, try pressing and holding an icon on your home screen. That’ll cause compatible apps to pop up shortcuts to commonly used functions—like calling a favorite contact in the Phone app or opening a new tab in Chrome. (If you have Android 7.1 and aren’t having any luck, try installing and using the Google Now Launcher.)
7. Need to jump between sections in your system settings? Nougat has a new quick-navigation menu for that very purpose. Swipe inward from the left of the screen or look for the three-line “hamburger” icon in the upper-left corner to find it.
8. If you ever find yourself in the Apps section of your system settings, take note: As of Nougat, you can quickly scroll through the list of installed apps by moving your finger downward on the very rightmost edge of the screen. That’ll cause a letter-driven fast-scroll interface to appear.
9. The Quick Settings panel on Nougat has some subtle but significant new features. First: When you swipe down once from the top of your screen, you’ll now see a series of quick-access icons for things like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and airplane mode. Tapping any of the icons in that area will toggle the associated function on or off.
10. When you swipe down twice from the top of the screen—or swipe down once with two fingers—you’ll see an expanded list of larger tiles. Tapping an icon in that area will open more detailed controls for the associated function (if such controls are available).
11. In either section of the Quick Settings panel, you can long-press any icon to go directly to the associated area of your full system settings.
12. Nougat’s Quick Settings tiles are fully customizable. Swipe down from the top of your screen twice, then tap the edit command—which may be either the word “Edit” in the lower-right corner or a pencil icon in the upper-right corner—to rearrange the icons and add or remove functions from the list.
13. When editing your Quick Settings, pay careful attention to which icons you place in the first six positions. The icons in those spots will appear as the quick-access toggles in the smaller (single-swipe-down) view.
14. If your phone is managed by a workplace, look for a tile in your Quick Settings called “Work Mode.” Tapping it will switch between a work profile—with work-related apps and settings—and a personal profile that has your own personal apps and none of the company stuff.
15. You can add even more tiles into your Quick Settings by way of third-party apps. Weather Quick Settings Tile, for example, will put the latest local conditions into your panel, while Ringer Modes will give you a simple one-touch toggle for changing your phone’s sound profile. (Want even more options? I assembled a detailed list of Android’s best Quick Settings add-ons.)
16. Android 7.1 supports a new native night mode, but it’s available only on select devices with compatible hardware. If your device has it, you’ll see a tile called Night Light in your Quick Settings area. Tapping that tile will tint your screen to make it easier on the eyes in dim lighting.
17. Save yourself a tap and tell your device to activate Night Light on its own when needed. Just navigate to the Display section of your system settings and tap the item labeled “Night Light,” then tap “Turn on automatically” and select either “Sunset to sunrise” or “Custom schedule.” (As you’d expect, this setting will show up only on devices where Night Light is supported.)
18. Notifications in Nougat are bundled by app—so if you have, say, three new email alerts from Gmail, they’ll all appear within a single card in your notification panel. You can tap any such card to fan it out into individual mini-cards with more detailed info, and you can tap on any of those mini-cards to expand it and gain access to action-performing buttons (like commands for archiving or replying right then and there).
19. Feel like an app is pinging your phone a little too frequently? Press and hold one of its notifications (or slide the notification slightly to either side and tap the gear icon that appears). That’ll give you controls for silencing all future notifications from the app or even blocking them entirely.
20. Android’s Do Not Disturb mode scores a handy new trick in Nougat: The ability to keep your phone quiet at night and then automatically turn your sound back to normal when your alarm goes off in the morning. To set it up, go into the Sound section of your system settings and tap “Do not disturb” followed by “Automatic rules.” Use the on-screen command to add a new rule, then select “Time rule” and name it whatever you’d like. Set up the days and times for whenever you want your phone to stay silent, then be sure to set the “Do not disturb” setting to either “Alarms only” or “Priority only” and activate the “Alarm can override end time” option.
21. Stop squinting! For the farsighted folks among us, Nougat introduces a long overdue option to increase the size of everything on your screen. Look for the “Display size” line in the Display section of your system settings.
Mental health is often negated in front of physical health. Mental well-being means you are able to function well in your day-to-day life and sudden challenges don’t make you fall. We spoke to Dr Rajesh Goyal, consultant psychiatrist, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, to bring you top six practical ways to maintain mental well being.
2/7Maintain a regular routine
Try and create a daily routine, from waking up time to eating to sleeping. People who follow a regular routine are found to be healthier emotionally as well as physically.
3/7Exercise 5 times a week
This stands true for every ailment. Make sure you exercise atleast 5 times a week if not all days. Staying physically active is a key reason for mental wellness as any form of workout releases happy hormones.
Eat a well balanced meal that comprises of atleast 5 fruits and vegetables a day. Also, coconut water and bananas are rich in potassium and help in elevating the mood. Dark chocolate works equally well in mood elevation.
5/7Pursue a hobby
You may not find ‘me’ time during the week due to work and personal commitments, but set aside half a day during the week to pursue something that you like. It could be something as simple as listening to music, reading books or even visiting a salon to pamper yourself. “We are so busy treating others that we forget to treat ourselves.”
6/7Spend quality time with people you love
It is extremely important to maintain strong relationships with around you – your friends, family and colleagues. It is a proven fact that one’s mental wellness is greatly impacted by the quality of their personal relationships.s a proven fact that one’s mental wellness is greatly impacted by the quality of their personal relationships.
Gadgets are the biggest cause of distraction today. They stop us from interacting with others and occupy much of our waking up time. Make sure that you stop using gadgets atleast an hour before bedtime and restrict your gadget usage even during the day.
(Picture Courtesy: Shutterstock Images)
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by the Doctors are their independent professional judgment and we do not take any responsibility for the accuracy of their views. This should not be considered as a substitute for Physician’s advice. Please consult your treating Physician for more details.
From around the Web
Secret method to treat hair loss is revealed!
Hair & Beauty Care
Apartment vs independent house:What’s better?
Holidays with benefits that last a lifetime
Recommended By Colombia
Manage diabetes in 5 simple steps
TNN | October 23, 2016
Manage diabetes in 5 simple steps1/6
Manage diabetes in 5 simple steps
Diabetes is a condition that needs to be managed every day. The central theme to live a healthy lifestyle for all diabetes patients is to control blood sugar levels. To control blood sugar levels and live a long and healthy life, Ms. Sunita Pathania – Sr. Registered Dietician and Diabetes Educator, Healthy Living Diet Clinic, Mumbai, shares some simple steps to manage diabetes.
The best way to control blood sugar level is by changing your diet. Besides, it also helps in cutting the risk of various diabetes related complications. People with type 2 diabetes should carefully monitor carbohydrate consumption, total fat and protein intake, and reduce calories. Having a good diet, certified by your dietician will help you control weight, control blood glucose levels, control blood lipid levels and reduce chances for additional medications.
(Picture Courtesy: Shutterstock Images)
A diabetic person should aim to get at least 30 minutes of exercise daily. A person with diabetes should try moderate exercises like strength training or walking. Exercise improves the body’s use of insulin, lowers blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes and also helps reduce body fat.
(Picture Courtesy: Shutterstock Images)
Stress is very bad for everyone, especially a diabetic person as it causes blood sugar to rise. Hence, keep away from stress by taking in relaxation techniques like exercise, yoga, meditation and visualization.
(Picture Courtesy: Shutterstock Images)
When diabetes is unmanageable with diet and exercise, a person can add some oral medication in his list after a doctor’s approval. Some pills can help to stimulate the pancreas to make more insulin or improve the effectiveness of insulin. However, these medicines do have side effects associated with weight gain. As a result, pop a pill only after a doctor’s recommendation.
(Picture Courtesy: Shutterstock Images)
Many doctors prescribe insulin in combination with pills. Insulin is also used in people with type 2 diabetes, because the cells in the pancreas no longer produce insulin in response to high blood pressure. Hence, insulin injection or insulin pump becomes a part of the daily routine to manage diabetes.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 7 is jam packed with just about every feature it’s possible to fit in a smartphone, but it comes with a high price. The last thing you want to do is drop all that cash on a Note 7 and not take full advantage of all the cool stuff it can do. Here are 10 tips to get you on your way to mastering all the this phone has to offer.
Improve your home screen
Samsung’s stock home screen has improved over the years, and it can be quite nice on the Note 7 after you’ve made a few adjustments. First and foremost, the Flipboard-powered Briefing screen on the far left needs to go. It’s slow and not even very good for reading news. To get rid of it, long-press or pinch the home screen, swipe over to the Briefing panel, then toggle the slider above it.
Next, let’s get rid of those unnecessary “squircle” frames around all your app icons. What is this, 2012? Head into the system settings and open the Display submenu. Scroll down and you’ll see “Icon frames.” Change it to icons only, and the squircles are dead.
Lastly, you should take a long hard look at the app drawer. It defaults to custom organization with folders. It’s probably smarter to get rid of the folders and organize by name, which you can do from the overflow menu button in the upper right. Unfortunately, you have to re-order the icons regularly as you install and uninstall things.
Credit card consolidation loans allow you to consolidate the debts you owe on different credit cards into a single loan. The benefit is that you now only make the repayment once to the debt consolidation company. It is easier to juggle with a single repayment of the debt consolidation loan rather than having to pay back multiple credit cards with different due dates. It is hard to remember the due dates even when you keep a note of these dates.
Credit card consolidation loans can help in lowering the interest so that you can pay back the loan faster. Some debt consolidation companies only offer the low interest for a certain period of time so you should check with them how long the low interest rate will last. You should also check with them if there is any hidden fee. You should sum up the total debt you owe and the interest charges and other fees that you are currently paying and compare with the total payment that you have to make if you join the debt consolidation loan.
Prior to consolidating your debt, you must make sure that you have the means to repay it after deducting your basic expenses. Besides your basic expenses, you also must remember to set aside some money for your savings. You can only consolidate the balances of unsecured debts. Examples of unsecured debts that people often consolidate are credit cards, and small loans. It won’t work if your debts include secured debts such as parking tickets or unpaid tax.
You will be paying a fixed amount to the debt consolidation company, who will forward the funds to the creditors. Each creditor will get a same portion of funds every month. When one account is paid off, other creditors will get a bigger portions of the payment. You will continue to receive account statement from the creditors when you join the program.
When joining a debt consolidation program, you have to sign an agreement where you agree to close all your credit cards until your debt is fully paid. Continuing to charge you card will add to your debt so that it is not use even if you join the debt consolidation program. You can leave one credit card that has no or very little balance for emergency use. If you are being harassed by debt collection phone calls, getting enrolled into a debt consolidation program can stop all the phone calls. It will give you a peace of mind since you don’t have to get pressured by the debt collection calls anymore.
Joining a debt consolidation program is safer than obtaining a home equity loan. Home equity loan may offer a lower interest rate but your home is at risk. You will have to surrender your home to foreclosure if you neglect to make a repayment on the home equity loan. Debt consolidation is different than debt settlement or filling for bankruptcy because you are pay 100% of your debt. Submitting on time repayment to the debt consolidation company consistently can help to improve your credit score.
When seeking to remove hair from the body, it is a well-known fact that epilators do a much better job than shaving. However, they are also known to be more painful than shaving so if you are looking for ways to reduce the pain, here are some tips and tricks you could try.
Oddly, there really are reasons why epilators can cause a bit of pain. No, don’t be frightened as it isn’t unbearable like childbirth, but it hurts nonetheless. What happens is that the epilator literally plucks the hair which causes pain activators to be activated. They, in turn, send signals to the brain via nerves in the spine. This is the point when you say ‘Ouch!’ So the key is to find a way to reduce the sensation of plucking which is the ultimate cause of the sensation of pain.
Tip #1 Epilate on Wet Skin
There are models of epilators that can be used wet or dry. This is what you want to get when trying to epilate under water, and warm water works best. Just the very nature of how water literally floats the hair is often enough to ease the pain but also, wet hair follicles are softened enough to be relaxed, thus releasing the hair more easily.
Tip #2 Keep the Skin Taught
You know that when you pluck your eyebrows you always stretch the skin. The same principle applies here. By stretching the skin taught you will be reducing the pain caused when the epilator ‘plucks’ at hairs with its tiny tweezers.
Tip #3 Squeezing Also Works
Although it isn’t readily obvious why pinching the area around the skin you are epilating works, it really does. Have you ever had a splinter in your foot or finger? What did your mother do? That’s right! She pinched the skin to either side of the splinter before attempting to pluck it out. The reason this helps to reduce pain is because you are literally pinching off the nerves which then can’t send signals up the spine and to the brain. Pretty cool, right?
Tip #4 Wax First – Epilate Second
Many women find that by using waxing sheets on their legs first it hurts less when they epilate. Of course you need to find a way to dull the pain when you pull the waxed sheet off your leg but if you do it very quickly there is less pain. Imagine pulling at your hair over a period of seconds before it comes free from your head versus taking one strand and plucking it free. Which hurts less? Yes, of course the hair that you quickly pulled free. That’s why waxing helps ease the pain when epilating.
Tip #5 Good Old Fashioned Lidocaine
When all else fails, go to your local pharmacy and get a tube of lidocaine cream. You can also apply sunburn relief spray that also has a lidocaine base but the trick here is to give it a few minutes to do its job numbing the skin and nerves beneath but not too long where it will lose potency.
So here you have five easy ways to ease the pain caused by your epilator. There is just one more tip that should be mentioned and that is to get the best quality epilator you can afford. The better the quality, the better it will perform its function and for you that equates to less pain. As the old cliché says, you have to suffer a bit to be beautiful so just think how great you’ll look when you’ve finished removing all that hair!
Skin Care and Beauty go parallel to each other, especially for the women who gain confidence by showing off their best. Not just beauty, your skin quality also tells about your body’s health quotient. Aging can be a challenging human experience, and the lust to look youthful and fresh overrules most of us.
However, the strains and stresses of modern living along with the dust, smoke and pathogens, in the environment, lead to changes in our skin, which if neglected then may become very apparent on our skin. Laying foundation to a good skin requires taking care of it from an early stage, i.e. when you are young, which will contribute to a younger looking skin when you are not so young.
Skin care is a timeworn phenomenon. It has been documented in the history that in Ancient Egypt, Cleopatra, bathed in sour milk, which proved to be beneficial for skin’s glow; while Ancient Greek athletes bathed in Olive Oil and fine sand, so as to prevent themselves from skin burns. One can try getting nykaa discount offers so that they can redeem the discounts. Over the years skin care methods have become highly evolved, yet most of the people over-look them,due to their time-consuming nature. Few important clues that your skin gives you, which you should never fail to notice:
Itching and Dryness: This is a common phenomenon in winters. Using too hot water on your skin is discouraged by skin specialists. Also, regular moisturizing is adviced.
Red Spots: Sometimes, a heredity condition, can also be due imbalance of immune cells. Skin inflammation requires dermatologist consultations.
Acne: Emotions like stress, anxiousness, or being over whelmed, is first reflected on our skin. This requires a perfect achne-removal regime and face cleansers.
Inflated eyelids: Improper sleep can lead to puffy eyes or swollen eye lids.
Red and Yellow Bumps: These can be nasty-looking red and yellow marks on your legs, hands or backside of the neck. This requires urgent consultaion of doctors.
Unwanted hair growth: Hormonal changes in women of age can lead to abnormal hair growth on your cheek and chin area. This again requires immediate attention.
The needs to be complimented with certain beauty products which are necessary to obtain the required oils and salts, which can’t be obtained otherwise. These valuable skin protecting and rejunevating organic products can be easily found on online retail stores and obtained on discounts by using coupons like Purplle promo code. Products which one should use on a daily basis are:
Sunscreens as 90% of wrinkles, sagging and dark spots on the skin are caused by unprotected exposure to the sun.
Cleanerser, toner and mousturizers, for daily cleansing habits.
Anti-agening creams to prevent premature aging.
Anti-Stress Shower Gel for skin softening and soothing.
Skin that is wellnourished, immune and guarded, against pollution, oxidization, UV rays, other lifestyle adulterating elements like smoking, will show visible results in both short and long term and the aging process will be slowed. Excelling some of the basics of skin care treatment can help you have a radiant and flawless skin, like good eating habits.