Representative Image (Photo courtesy: AFP Relaxnews/ Mauro-Matacchione/ Istock.com)
Ophthalmologists guide you to follow some simple steps:
* Our eyes require multiple nutrients to function optimally. Vitamins and minerals along with green leafy vegetables and protein sources help to keep the eyes strong and sharp.
* Regular exercise not only keeps your body fit but also makes your eyes healthy by pumping more blood and oxygen to your eyes.
* A majority of office jobs require constant and direct glaring at the computer screen, making it difficult for your eyes. Make sure to take a break, every 20 minutes for at least 20 seconds.
* Regular physical exam at least twice a year will keep you aware and helps to take necessary action in time.
* Keep your eyes protected from exposure to harmful UV rays.